You may need an attorney for your Hawaii car accident claim when your injuries are severe and when you have suffered serious damage as a result. If you have suffered only a minor fender bender, you can find a wealth of resources on the Internet to negotiate a settlement without an attorney. A reputable attorney will tell you honestly whether you need an attorney or if your case is small enough to handle without the benefit of legal aid.
After a serious car accident in Hawaii, you could use an attorney because:
· the driver who caused your accident won’t admit fault;
· the insurance adjuster denies your claim; and/or
· the insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement for your car damage, medical expenses, time off from work and pain and suffering.
Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. They are in the business of making money and paying out as little as possible. On the other hand, your attorney will keep your best interests in mind when representing you in a car accident claim.
A car accident attorney can offer the following benefits when you need to file an injury claim:
- Knowledge – the insurance industry in Hawaii can be tricky. A knowledgeable Hawaii car accident attorney knows how to handle insurance adjusters and build evidence that shows your case is worth more than the payout figure, called a reserve, which they assigned to your case.
- Perspective – an experienced Hawaii car accident attorney can detect the strong and weak spots in your car accident claim. An attorney will have negotiated many injury cases and knows what constitutes a fair settlement.
- Professional detachment – your Hawaii attorney knows that anger is not good when negotiating. For instance, if you had to listen to an insurance adjuster minimize your injuries, you might become furious, which is understandable. Your attorney can negotiate without taking anything personally.
- Litigation ability – if your case goes to trial, there’s a good chance that you would be lost in a courtroom without representation. The results are generally poor for claimants who try to represent themselves.
Overall, you could benefit vastly from an experienced Hawaii car accident attorney after a serious accident.
Contacting a Hawaii Car Accident Attorney
After a serious car accident in Hawaii, you should be able to spend your time focusing on your recovery, not dealing with insurance adjusters, never-ending paperwork and complicated legalese. car accident attorneys Davis Levin Livingston will fight for your rights while you focus on healing. Serving accident victims on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island, Kauai and beyond. Contact us today for a free case evaluation – 1-866-806-4349.