The Hawaii employment law attorneys at Davis Levin Livingston have represented and achieved significant results for employees who have been wrongfully terminated, suffered unlawful discrimination or retaliation, and who have suffered sexual or other types of unlawful harassment. Victims have the legal right to hold their employers accountable for their unlawful actions, and they often receive substantial compensation for their suffering. Our firm is committed to advocating on behalf of employees and making sure that employees’ rights are protected in the workplace. We represent clients in Honolulu and on all the Hawaiian Islands.
If you believe your rights have been violated, call (808) 740-0633 or contact Davis Levin Livingston online for a free, confidential consultation.
Types of Unlawful Workplace Actions
Numerous employment laws on both the federal and state level protect employees from unlawful discrimination, harassment, and other actions in the workplace.
The following are some examples of behaviors that violate employment laws (you can also check out our Hawaii Legal Resourcespage for more information):
- Discrimination in hiring or other employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, gender expression or identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, color, marital status, disability, status as a domestic or sexual violence victim, credit history, or arrest record (in most circumstances)
- Sexual or other harassment based on one of the protected factors above, including permitting a hostile work environment for an employee
- Disciplining, demoting, terminating, or otherwise retaliating against an employee for complaining of or reporting unlawful discrimination or harassment
- Wrongful termination for a discriminatory reason or a reason that goes against public policy
At times, attempting to stand up to an employer can be intimidating, especially against a large corporation with legal teams ready to defend the company. At Davis Levin Livingston, however, our legal team is experienced in handling cases against large companies and believe in your right to recover for the unlawful actions of your employer.
Recent Employment Law Cases Handled By Our Firm
We have experience representing employees facing a wide variety of discrimination, wrongful termination, and more.
Some of our recent cases include the following:
- The largest sexual harassment settlement in Hawaii won on behalf of a policewoman who suffered sexual harassment at the hands of her fellow officers
- Representation of a doctor whose contract was not renewed because of complaints about the quality of health care being delivered by the hospital at which she was working
- Settlement of a claim on behalf of a woman executive who was denied promotion because of her gender
As you can see, we do not hesitate to stand up to hospitals, government entities, or other possibly intimidating parties who have treated employees unlawfully. If you have been treated unfairly at work in Honolulu or throughout Oahu or the Hawaiian Islands, your first call should be to discuss your case with a member of our skilled legal team.
Contact Davis Levin Livingston for a Free Consultation
If you believe that you have been the victim of any type of unlawful discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or wrongful termination, the experienced Hawaii employment law attorneys at Davis Levin Livingston can help you stand up for your rights. We will always fight for the best possible outcome for you in every case, so please do not hesitate to contact our office today.
Employment Law in the News
- State Told To Pay $543,000 Legal Bill
- State Paying Dearly For Costly Obstinacy
- Kapiolani Case Raises Interest In Whistleblower Aid
- Damages Award Ex-Prison Doctor Upheld In Suit Claiming Retaliation
We can be reached online or at (808) 740-0633.