Can the U.S. government be held liable if I am injured at Tripler Military Hospital in Hawaii?

The U.S. government can be held liable if you are injured at Tripler Military Hospital in Hawaii. Since Tripler Military Hospital is a government entity, any claim filed against them would have to be handled under the Federal Tort Claim Act (FTCA).
If a military hospital demonstrates medical negligence that leads to injuries, it may be considered military medical malpractice. The statute of limitations for filing a Federal Tort Claim (FTC) for medical malpractice in Hawaii is 2 years.
For instance, if a patient was injured at the Tripler Military Hospital on August 1, 2010, they would have until August 1, 2012 to file what is known as an administrative claim. This is the claims process an individual must complete when filing a FTC.
The FTCA states that if the injury is not immediately discovered, the individual has 1 year from the date of discovery to file an administrative claim.
If you have been seriously injured because of medical negligence at Tripler Military Hospital in Hawaii, you should contact a Honolulu injury lawyer. They can handle the many complexities involved with filing a claim under the FTCA.
Contacting a Hawaii Accident Attorney
After a serious accident in Hawaii, you should be able to spend your time focusing on your recovery; not dealing with insurance adjustors, never-ending paperwork and complicated legalese. Hawaii attorneys Davis Levin Livingston will fight for your rights while you focus on healing. Serving accident victims on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island, Kauai and beyond. Contact us today for a no-cost case evaluation – 866-806-4349.
Posted in Personal Injury

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *