Class Action Attorneys
Davis Levin Livingston has had a commitment to representing classes and groups of individuals since the firm’s founding. The firm’s wealth of experience in class and group actions make it uniquely qualified to pursue cases for civil rights, employment, construction, and other consumer claims that can only be effectively litigated on behalf of large numbers of individuals with common claims.
The firm’s partners have achieved national prominence in class action litigation. Members of the firm have argued cases on class actions before the United States Supreme Court and have authored articles and books that have been featured in national class action publications.
Davis Levin Livingston commitment to achieve justice through the class action vehicle includes cases that are at the forefront of litigation to achieve social justice nationwide.
Some of the firm’s recent settlements include:
• $3.2 million paid to nursing home residents who were sold recycled pills
• $2.26 million paid by Allstate Insurance for improperly setting insurance rates based on credit scores
• $1.2 million paid by State Farm Insurance for improperly setting insurance rates based on credit scores
• $1.8 million paid by Hilton Hotels for not disclosing mold contamination to its guests
The firm has also litigated cases as part of a national team of lawyers representing consumers and individuals in nationwide class actions. Its approach to class action litigation reflects its belief that each case requires the right combination of attorneys, experts, and other resources to bring cases to a successful conclusion.
Class Actions – In The News
- Lawsuit to test raid of state pension fund
- Hilton settles tower mold suit
- Firm settles isle drug recycling lawsuit
- Kapolei Dust Suit Settled for $2 million
- Class Action Benefits Consumers
- Innovative Class Action Technique – The Use of Rule 23(b)(2) in Consumer Class Actions”
- Red Dust Kicks Up Kapolei Suit
- Kona Coffee Farmers Win Fake-Bean Suit
- Coordinated State Court Class Actions: The New Paradigm
- Ruling On Hawaiian Homestead Claims
- Home Lands Beneficiaries Win Right To Sue State
- Council Questions Park Spending
- Class Action Suit Seeks Damages for DHHL Delay