Employment Law in Hawaii
The Hawaii employment lawyers at Davis Levin Livingston have represented and achieved significant results for employees who have been wrongfully terminated, suffered unlawful discrimination or retaliation, and who have suffered sexual or other types of unlawful harassment. Victims have the legal right to hold their employers accountable for their unlawful actions and often receive substantial compensation for their suffering. Our firm is committed to advocating on behalf of employees and making sure that employees’ rights are protected in the workplace.
Types of Unlawful Workplace Actions
Numerous employment laws on both the federal and state level protect employees from unlawful discrimination, harassment, and other actions in the workplace. The following are some examples of behaviors that violate employment laws:
- Discrimination in hiring or other employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, gender expression or identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, color, marital status, disability, status as a domestic or sexual violence victim, credit history, or arrest record (in most circumstances).
- Sexual or other harassment based on one of the protected factors above, including permitting a hostile work environment for an employee.
- Disciplining, demoting, terminating, or otherwise retaliating against an employee for complaining of or reporting unlawful discrimination or harassment.
- Wrongful termination for a discriminatory reason or a reason that goes against public policy.
At times, attempting to stand up to an employer can be intimidating, especially against a large corporation with legal teams ready to defend the company. At Davis Levin Livingston, however, our legal team is experienced in handling cases against large companies and believe in your right to recover for the unlawful actions of your employer.
Recent Cases Handled by Our Firm
We have experience representing employees facing a wide variety of discrimination, wrongful termination, and more. Some of our recent cases include the following:
- The largest sexual harassment settlement in Hawaii, won on behalf of a police woman who suffered sexual harassment at the hands of her fellow officers.
- Representation of a doctor whose contract was not renewed because of complaints about the quality of health care being delivered by the hospital at which she was working.
- Settlement of a claim on behalf of a woman executive who was denied promotion because of her gender.
As you can see, we do not hesitate to stand up to hospitals, government entities, or other possibly intimidating parties who have treated employees unlawfully. If you have been treated unfairly at work in Hawaii, your first call should be to discuss your case with a member of our skilled legal team.
Contact an Experienced Hawaii Employment Attorney to Discuss your Case
If you believe that you have been the victim of any type of unlawful discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or wrongful termination, the experienced Hawaii employment law attorneys at the firm of Davis Levin Livingston can help you stand up for your rights. We will always fight for the best possible outcome for you in every case, so please do not hesitate to contact our office today at (866) 806-4349for help.
Employment Law – In The News