From 2008-2020, Blaine Rogers litigated complex commercial and real estate disputes, as well as class, bad faith, and civil rights actions, as an attorney and partner with Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing, now known as Dentons US LLP. Among his victories, he helped stop the State of Hawai`i from making potentially deadly cuts to health care benefits available to citizens of Compact of Free Association countries and secured judgment against the State forcing it to comply with federal timeliness rules for distribution of SNAP, or food stamp, benefits.
Mr. Rogers has argued cases before Hawai`i State and Federal courts, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. From 2016-2020, he was named one of Honolulu’s Best Lawyers and, from 2018-2020, a Hawai`i Super Lawyer. He has maintained a Preeminent Rating (the highest available) for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability from Martindale-Hubbell AV from 2014 to present. From 2016-2018, Mr. Rogers served as Hawai`i lawyer delegate to the United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit and, during this same period, served on his prior firm’s executive management committee. He was named Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year by the Hawai`i State Bar Association in 2012.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Rogers served as a law clerk to the Honorable David Alan Ezra, Senior District Judge, United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i and was the first Marine Legal Fellow for the State of Hawai`i. He obtained his juris doctorate, magna cum laude, from the William S. Richardson School of Law with a certificate in Environmental Law and his B.A. from the University of California at Los Angeles.
Mr. Rogers currently serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Legal Aid Society of Hawai`i and on the board of the Hawai`i chapter of the Federal Bar Association. He was chair of the Natural Resources Section of the Hawai`i State Bar Association from 2009-2010.
At Davis Levin Livingston, Mr. Rogers will utilize his extensive litigation skills to better the lives of people harmed by corporate, municipal, and individual negligence in personal injury, medical malpractice, and bad faith cases.
- Hawaii State and Federal Courts, 2006
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Honors & Associations
- Hawaii’s Best Lawyers – 2016-2020
- Hawaii Super Lawyers – 2018-2020
- Preeminent Rating from AV Martindale-Hubbel – 2014-2020
- 2012 Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year (Hawaii State Bar Association)
- Lawyer Delegate, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals – 2016-2018
- Board Member – Legal Aid Society of Hawaii – 2015-present
- Lawyer Delegate, U.S. District Court, Hawaii District Judicial Conference
- Board Member – Federal Bar Association – 2018-present
- Volunteer Arbitrator, Court Annexed Arbitration Program, First Circuit Court, State of Hawaii, 2015