When you decide to spend your hard-earned money on goods and services provided by a business, you should be able to trust that you will receive the results you expected and for which you paid. Unfortunately, too many consumers in the United States fall victim to predatory, abusive, or fraudulent business practices. If a business acts wrongfully and you suffer losses as a result, you have the legal right to hold that company liable for those losses. You should always consult with an experienced Hawaii consumer rights attorney as soon as possible to discuss a possible legal claim.
Contact Davis Levin Livingston at (808) 740-0633 for a free consultation in Honolulu regarding your case. We serve clients on all the Hawaiian Islands.
Common Examples of Consumer Fraud
Consumer fraud and other wrongful business practices may take many forms.
The following are some examples of common scenarios out of which a consumer rights case may arise:
- Sale of faulty, defective, or dangerous products
- Breaches of warranties
- Unjustified and/or undisclosed charges and fees
- False advertising, including misrepresenting the characteristics or quality of products or services
- Inadequate security that leads to data breaches of credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, or other sensitive financial or personal information
- Abusive credit reporting or debt collection practices
- Predatory or fraudulent lending
- Any other type of deceptive or unfair trade practice
Wrongful actions on the part of corporations may affect one single consumer or a group of thousands of consumers. Whether you are one plaintiff or involved in a class action lawsuit, you deserve to fully recover for any losses you suffered.
Helping Consumers Stand Up for Their Rights
Davis Levin Livingston has aggressively advocated for consumer rights for more than 20 years. Our firm has litigated cases on behalf of both individual consumers and classes of consumer who have been treated unfairly by large businesses. The firm has also championed cases on behalf of small businesses that have been unfairly discriminated against by large businesses. The firm’s commitment to consumer rights extends beyond the courtroom and firm partners are actively involved in both state and national consumer rights organizations, such as the Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii and the National Association of Consumer Advocates.
Some of the firm’s recent settlements include:
- $3.2 million paid to nursing home residents who were sold recycled pills
- $2.26 million paid by Allstate Insurance for improperly setting insurance rates based on credit scores
- $1.2 million paid by State Farm Insurance for improperly setting insurance rates based on credit scores
- $1.8 million paid by Hilton Hotels for not disclosing mold contamination to its guests
These are only some of the examples of the ways we have helped consumers in Hawaii recover for their losses at the hands of companies engaging in wrongful business practices.
Contact an Experienced Lawyer for Assistance
If you believe you have been the victim of any wrongful business practices, you should not hesitate to contact the skilled Hawaii consumer rights attorneys at Davis Levin Livingston today. Taking on large corporations in legal cases may seem intimidating, but our consumer protection attorneys have the experience necessary to stand up for your rights.
Consumer Rights in the News
- Privacy Rights Stymie Searches of Psychiatrists’ Medicaid Files
- Now, Coastal Zone Protection Laws Do A Better Job
- High Court Asked To Kill Recall Amendment
- Group Opposes Charter Amendment
- City Removes Fixtures And Equipment, Denies Violation Camp Kailua Accord
- City Loses Court Ruling On Permit For Camp Kailu
- Camp Kailua Demolition Blocked, Judge Says City Must Get Permit
- Boulder Storage Becomes Issue
- Businesses Fear Lawsuit Bill[
Call us at (808) 740-0633 to discuss a possible case today.