Hawaii COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT Lawyers
Call (808) 740-0633 if You Were Injury by a Work Vehicle
Some of the grisliest accidents on the roads today are caused by commercial vehicles. Whether it involved a garbage truck or a tractor-trailer, the injuries sustained by innocent victims are often catastrophic. The sheer mass and size of these vehicles make collisions deadly, especially when they occur at high speeds. Survivors are often left with life-altering, catastrophic injuries and are unsure where to turn for justice.
At Davis Levin Livingston, we represent clients who have suffered severe injuries and losses as a result of another person, party, or entity’s negligence. If you were injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact us to seek justice. We may be able to recover compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning potential, pain and suffering, and more.
Contact us at Davis Levin Livingston today at (808) 740-0633 for a free consultation.
What Causes Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Some of the most common causes of work-vehicle accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Many trucking companies pay by the mile or the load, so 18-wheeler drivers in particular have the incentive to cover their routes quickly. While federal law establishes mandatory rest breaks for truck drivers, many attempts to circumvent the law by driving beyond their designated road time.
- Poor driver training: Commercial vehicle companies have a duty to properly train their drivers for safe truck handling. When they don’t, catastrophic accidents can occur, and the trucking company can be held liable.
- Poor truck maintenance: Truck owners must keep their vehicles in top condition before hitting the road. However, because of the cost and labor it takes to maintain trucks (time that could have been spent making deliveries), many skip this incredibly important safety protocol.
- Speeding: Truck drivers often have pressing deadlines, and therefore may exceed the speed limit to reach their destination in time.
- Distracted driving: Drivers may get bored during the long hours they spend on the road. If they reach for their smartphone to stay occupied and cause an accident, they can be held liable.
- Defective parts: Trucks must be routinely inspected, per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Drivers must check for things such as faulty brakes or steering mechanisms, and re-examine these items at the end of their trips.
What to Do After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
If you were hurt in a commercial vehicle accident, there is a good chance you can pursue a successful lawsuit against either the driver, company, parts manufacturer, or all three parties. We can help you collect the evidence needed for your case, but it’s important to see a physician as soon as possible after your accident and to maintain good records of your medical bills.
Because commercial vehicle accident cases can be complex and difficult to prove fault, it’s very important to seek out skilled legal representation for your claim. Our Hawaii commercial vehicle accident lawyers may be able to help you pursue a case. We will do investigate your accident and gather evidence to support your claim that the truck driver was at fault. Any monies recovered from the accident can go towards your medical bills and supporting yourself and your family. Although no amount of money can take away the pain you’ve endured, fair compensation can make moving forward easier.
Contact Davis Levin Livingston Today
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact our firm today to discuss your situation. We offer free case evaluations, which means you can speak to a highly knowledgeable lawyer at no charge. We also work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t owe us a cent unless we win your case. During your consultation, we can listen to your story and give you the best advice on how to proceed with a claim.
Put our experience to work for you. Contact Davis Levin Livingston today at (808) 740-0633 to arrange your free case evaluation.