If you have been injured in an accident in Hawaii, you should know what not to say or do so your claim is protected. What you say and do could end up being used against you, which is why you should seek the help of a Honolulu personal injury lawyer.
A Honolulu personal injury lawyer will guide you through the process of filing your claim, including the complicated paperwork, and work with you to build a substantial case in order to protect your legal rights.
5 Things You Shouldn’t Say or Do After an Accident in Hawaii
If you want to improve your chances at receiving a fair and full settlement after you have been injured in an accident in Hawaii, you should know the 5 things you shouldn’t say or do.
1. Don’t say is what you think caused the accident in Hawaii. Offering your opinion or thoughts on what could have potentially led to it can end up being used against you.
Sometimes insurance adjusters will ask a number of questions in order to get you to guess at what caused the accident in Hawaii. You should just stick to the simple, basic facts.
2. Don’t say you aren’t hurt or you don’t need medical attention. This could seriously damage your case. You may find that what appears to be a minor injury now is actually quite serious. Or there may be an injury that isn’t immediately evident.
3. Never say you will accept the insurance company’s offer. They have 2 main goals, which are to get you to settle quickly and to get you to settle for as little as possible.
4. Never agree to provide a recorded statement. Once you make a statement and it is on record, you cannot take it back. What you say can be twisted and taken completely out of context.
5. Never attempt to settle a claim on your own. When you have been seriously injured in an accident in Hawaii, you need legal representation. A Honolulu personal injury lawyer has experience with this area of the law and understands how best to give you a fair chance at receiving a fair settlement.
The insurance company is not looking out for you – it’s a business and needs to make a profit. But a Honolulu personal injury lawyer will work in your best interests and help you fight for your claim after you have been injured in an accident in Hawaii.
Contacting a Honolulu Personal Injury Lawyer
After a serious car accident in Hawaii, you should be able to spend your time focusing on your recovery; not dealing with insurance adjusters, never-ending paperwork and complicated legalese. Hawaii attorneys Davis Levin Livingston will fight for your rights while you focus on healing. Serving accident victims on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island, Kauai and beyond. Contact us today for a free case evaluation – 1-866-806-4349.